Sunday, July 25, 2010

on the trail...

...Melbourne is supposed to have a very high number of cinemas per capita...but how about bookshops? as I start dropping in to shops to let them know about the book, I am discovering there are more than I thought...94 according to Bookshops.com.au, but I'm sure there are even more.

It's not exactly a hardship posting, being sent off to visit as many bookshops as possible, and from the few I've been to so far, I am pleasantly surprised at how open they are to being ear-bashed by an author. they positively seem to like it. so expect to see the Book all over the place.

and on something completely different: July 24 was
Life in a Day
day, in which people all around the word videoed their days and uploaded the results to be edited into a video. I like projects like this: random recording of information that somehow reveals what's really going on around us. My vids included my kid playing at the breakfast table, a few seconds of the Yarra bike trail (yes, while riding along), the Eastern Freeway traffic at Doncaster Road and the pet guinea pigs. All seemingly banal, but who knows how odd it might appear to a viewer in 200 years. and with digital technology, it's actually possible that all those recordings from around the world will be there to look at in 2210... they might be pointing and laughing at all those carbon-burning cars, for instance...or looking wistfully at the animals that had become extinct...

No comments:

Post a Comment