Saturday, August 21, 2010

architecture and laneways

for fans of the architect Robin Boyd (whose family have had a finger in almost every artistic pie in Melbourne: fiction, art, even pottery)...the Robin Boyd Foundation is a bit of a find. they organise open days at Boyd houses, and events like the talk tomorrow night by Rob Adams, who has driven the City of Melbourne's urban planning concepts for 25 years. I'm so going to that...full report on Tuesday!

(the talk will be in Walsh Street, which will always be remembered as the site of the Walsh Street bombings...it's also very close to the Botanic Gardens. I may go and pay my respects to the poor tree while I'm there...and to a house I used to live in on Domain Road when it was rough around the edges, before it was renovated into a million-dollar mansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment